One of the most exciting and enriching things about SUNIA is the chance to interact with high-profile individuals on a personal level. Every year, two speakers from the United Nations attend our program, along with a speaker from the Canadian Department of National Defense. These speakers are not only available to give lectures, answer questions, and provide students with an increased understanding of their field, they often spend the whole week with us. At SUNIA, you could find yourself hiking up Mount Baldy in front of a diplomat, or eating lunch across from an ambassador.
Check Back for Our 2017 Speaker List!
Speakers who have attended SUNIA include
- Javier Perez de Cuellar, former UN Secretary General
- Beppe Lovoi, Sustainable Development Officer at the UN Department of Economic and Social Affairs
- Stephen Lewis, former Canadian Ambassador to the UN
- Bryon Dempsey, Petty Officer First Class with the Canadian Armed Forces
- Brian Vitunic, Political Affairs Officer in the UN Department of Political Affairs
- Jean-Victor Nkolo, Spokesperson for the President of the General Assembly